Friday, June 20, 2014

Simply Chocolate: Mousse

When it comes to the kitchen, I have always been more of a baker and dessert maker. Don't get me wrong, I can cook but baking is more of my passion. As I went through college, I didn't spend a lot of time in the kitchen baking and making desserts like I had before. At times, it irritated me that I had to spend my time reading pages of text instead of making homemade bread and desserts. It seemed like all of my time was strictly work and school and that gets old after a few years. One night, my partner and I were scrolling through chocolate mousse recipes and mousse can be a finicky dessert to make. The more ingredients, the trickier it is to get everything just right. Coming from a family of sweet tooths and chocolate lovers, mousse seemed to be an appropriate dessert dish to make. Finally, we found one of the easiest, full-proof recipes for chocolate mousse. With limited time in a day, you become creative in stretching out every minute before your head hits the pillow for a few hours. Armed with a handful of ingredients, my partner and I decided to give the chocolate mousse recipe a try and it was surprisingly...delicious. If you even have the family's thumbs-up approval, you know it was a definite hit! 

Chocolate Mousse Made Easy
1 c chocolate chips
1 c heavy cream
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 c chocolate chip shavings
whipped cream
couple fresh strawberries (optional)

Place chocolate chips, egg, and flavoring in blender and chop
Heat cream until small bubbles appear at edge - do not boil
With blender running, pour in hot cream
Blend until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth
Pour into dessert dishes, cover with plastic, and chill
Shave chocolate chips
Serve with whipped cream and chocolate chip shaving
To jazz it up, add a strawberry 

*Disclaimer: Since this recipe was found a few years ago, I am unable to link and credit the recipe to the original website.

No comments:

Post a Comment